What are cookies?
In the world of web browsers, a cookie is much more than a delectable sweet. When you access our website, a small amount of text called a cookie is stored in the browser of your device. This text contains varied information about your browsing habits, preferences, content customizations, etc. There are other technologies which work in a similar way, which are also used to collect your browsing data. We will refer to all these technologies collectively as “cookies”. The specific uses we make of these technologies are described in this section.
How are cookies used on this website?
How are cookies NOT used on this website?
The cookies we use do not store sensitive personally identifiable information such as your name, address or password, for example.
Who uses the information stored in cookies?
The information stored in cookies on our website is used exclusively by us, with the exception of those identified below as “third-party cookies”, which are used and managed by external entities that provide us with services to improve the user experience. For example, the statistics that are collected regarding number of visits, most liked content, etc, is usually managed by GOOGLE ANALYTICS. Third-party cookies are also used frequently to guarantee payment transactions made through the website.
In order to restrict, block or delete cookies from this website (and those used by third parties) you can do so at any time by modifying your browser settings. Keep in mind that the configuration is different in each browser, although it is common to find the cookie configuration in the “Preferences” “Tools” “Options” menu, and then in “Privacy and Security” or in “clear browsing data”, etc. For more detailed information on the configuration of cookies in each browser, you can consult the “Help” menu.
What kind of cookies are used on this website?
Each website uses its own cookies. On our website we use the following:
DEPENDING ON THE ENTITY CONSULTING THE SITE
- Our own cook: those that are sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain managed by the site owner itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: son aquellas que se envían al equipo terminal del usuario desde un equipo o dominio que no es gestionado por el editor, sino por otra entidad que trata los datos obtenidos través de las cookies.
In the event that cookies originate with a computer or domain managed by the site owner itself, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered to be our cookies if the third party uses them for their own purposes (for example, the improvement of the services it provides or the provision of advertising services in favor of other entities).
DEPENDING ON THEIR PURPOSE
- • Technical cookies: those that are necessary for browsing and the proper functioning of our website, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted areas, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchasing process of an order, managing payment, controlling any fraud linked to the safety of the service, applying to register or participate in an event, counting number of visits for the purposes of billing for software licenses used by the service (website, platform or application), using safety features while browsing, storing content for video or sound broadcasting, enabling dynamic content (for example, loading animation for texts or images) or sharing content on social media.
- Analytics cookies: those that allow the number of users to be quantified, thus carrying out the measurement and statistical analysis of how users are using the service. To this end, your browsing habits on our website are analyzed in order to improve the products and services that we offer.
- Customization and preference cookies: those that allow information to be stored so that the user accesses the service with certain characteristics in place that can differentiate his experience from that of other users. Examples include language, the number of results to be displayed when the user performs a search, appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser through which the user accesses the service or the region from which the service is accessed, and more.
- Behavioral ads: those which, whether processed by us or by third parties, allow us to analyze your online browsing habits so that we can show you advertising that is tailored to your browsing profile.
DEPENDING ON THE PERIOD OF TIME USERS REMAIN ACTIVE
- • Session cookies: those designed to collect and store data while the user is accessing a website. They are usually used to store information that is only of interest for the provision of the service requested by the user on a given occasion (for example, a list of products purchased) and are designed to disappear at the end of the session.
- Persistent cookies: those in which data remains stored in the device and can be accessed and processed over a period defined by those responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years. As such, it should be specifically assessed whether the use of persistent cookies is necessary, since risks to privacy could be reduced by using session cookies. In any event, when persistent cookies are installed, it is recommended that their temporary duration be reduced to a necessary minimum, taking into account the purpose of their use. In doing so, Opinion 4/2012 of GT29 indicates that for a cookie to be exempt from the duty of informed consent, its expiration must be related to its purpose. This has resulted in session cookies being much more likely to be considered exempt than persistent cookies.